Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Two Sides

The main reason for my very unsatisfactory performance in examinations is that I get distracted very easily. Not while attempting the paper, but while studying for it. When a personal favourite song starts playing in my headphones, I remove my spectacles, throw my pen, keep my head down and give in. I start watching a movie and don't stop until it finishes.

So in a similar situation, I was watching this Hilary Duff starrer 'The Perfect Man'. In the end the movie concludes by showing that there are always two sides of looking at things. And that was enough for my brain to start whirring... And I realized that not just every situation, every person has two sides. A person has an outside and an inside. Some people show what they are like and some don't. I am a hybrid of both. :D


And you can look at things in two ways. Optimistic view and pessimistic view. BUT, it is not necessary that an event has a good side and a bad side by the frame of a single person. What may be good for one person may not be so for some other person. They might be completely opposite. For ex. Annual budget, Reservation (quota), rainfall, etc. Annual Budget may benefit someone and prove to be pretty expensive for someone else. I read in Hindustan Times how this year's budget affected people. It had good impact on some people, bad on some other and no impact at all on some.

That's what made me think.. Can there be three sides to one event or person? Or six like a dice? And I think the answer is yes. Afterall, a woman has so many different (mostly completely different) layers that Sigmund Freud, after researching for years on human nature said, "If there is one question that I can't answer, it is 'What do women want?' " :D

6 comments:

  1. Yes, duality is something that has stuck in everybody's mind from a long time. People started seeing duality in everything and since ultimately the union of duality (man and woman) creates life and thus has the divinity aspect attached to it, it has remained the most central theme. I too think that there can be more than one dimensions to some things if not all. Its not good to attach a single principle to everything. For instance, i would like to have many-minds regarding some issue rather than just two-minds :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well abt women most of their weird behaviour patterns can be attributed to mood swings due to hormonal imbalances primarily caused due to an inability to find a mate as stated in a psychological journal family relations,2006

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ cognoscis
    Thank you for your support. :)

    @diablo
    Welcome to the blog. I think it is impossible to understand their mood even.. :D Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the whole gender fight is futile. You see no one can understand themselves only first. To truly discover yourself and define yourself with a bunch of adjectives will take your complete life and there is no guarantee that you will succeed. Over and above that you start generalizing a complex quantity called human behaviour!!

    A set of characters will never truly describe the group called women or men. These behaviours will be predicted only for a particular case and in a particular environment and hence saying men are like this and women are like this is just like trying to predict what will be the outcome of a coin toss. Some times you will be right and equal number of times you will be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right (No surprises here). BUT, you're wrong in your second para. Human nature is not COMPLETELY quantifiable but to majority, some set of rules to apply. Theories are not 50-50 right. Now we have theories that are usually right in MOST CASES. There are many of them. However, exceptions are everywhere.

    Here's one supposedly without exception I think. Pascal Blaire said that "All people without exception are looking for happiness, regardless of the path they choose for it, their goal is the same".

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes yes, but when I said 50-50, I meant some theories are correct and some are wrong.. Not the theory themselves are applicable 50-50 :)

    ReplyDelete