Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let it Go.

Board exams are finally over. And on completion of school life, my father gifted me with admission to a AIEEE Crash course. Sigh....! Seeing my totally messed up exams, I didn't revolt. It's also sad that I won't see most of my FIITJEE friends again. Many have went to their homes in different states. But what can I do? Maybe we'll meet again somewhere, sometime.

I've never been open with my thoughts. I like to keep personal things personal. One reason of which is that it is very risky to trust a person with your secrets. Because that person you trusted is also a human being. If he/she doesn't trust you, he/she is likely to tell your secrets to someone he/she trusts in exchange of importance. So I've always bottled up my personal thoughts in my brain. Letting out only what I think is trivial. But that creates too much tension. So I look for possible outlets to my thoughts. And diary writing doesn't interest me.



You have to ultimately let go of your emotions and worries. You can't always keep them inside. They grow inside. They eat you up. You have to do something. You can't just sit around. It affects your life adversely. So words of wisdom from a teenager: "LET IT GO".

If you can't trust anyone, or you are uncomfortable doing it, you don't HAVE to. I think the best way to let out something is creativity. Creativity helps represent you. It is a form of expression. Diary writing, poetry, drawing paintings, Blogging, etc., all these are outlets. Your emotions give life to your creativity. The songs of any artist which are considered best are one with emotions and passion in them. Eminem's best songs: "Sing for the moment", "Cleaning out my closet", "Lose Yourself" and other hits are songs with his passion in them. The best poems are a person expressing his/her emotions in a interesting manner.

So draw a painting even if you never have. Or write your first poem. And it will feel great. Put it up on your blog. Put it up on the wall. And just like Rajnikaant, you'd be hitting two targets with a single bullet (I've been told he does so in a film. I haven't really seen him at it). One, you'd have your own outlet. Two, if someone sees it and likes it, you get to gloat over the appreciation. So, happy Letting Go.

5 comments:

  1. As a person who is no longer a teenager, I have to say that you need to trust others. Even after being hurt, betrayed, you must not give up. If that has happened then you have trusted the wrong person. From then on you will be more careful about trusting, but you shouldn't give up on it. Your close friends are the ones who will really help you to let go off those feelings that boggle your mind. That is the most satisfying outlet according to me. There is the personal touch to it and of course it is a valid point since evolution has made sure that we stay in colony and not isolated.

    If you cant trust your existing friends the make new ones :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I'll dump you soon. :P

    I think creativity is at it's best in an emotional state. And that is an awesome outlet. I've tried. I know.

    And there ARE some people that I do trust.. I am not a man who has lost all hope in humanity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. many people have huge social circles but not a friend.they let out either trivial things or things opposite to what they feel.u and me belong to same group

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't always let go you know... sometimes you can try to change the other person, by talking to him/her or through something else...

    and i totally agree with you on "express yourselves through art" point. it is the only way out for us idiots being brave enough to cut-off our normal lives for the academic crap. hmmm... way out! that makes for a new post on my blog... :-) don't worry, i'll credit you!

    nice post, again!

    ReplyDelete